I’ll introduce myself in a moment. But first, let’s talk about you.
Do you sometimes feel insecure about the many unwritten rules, norms and expectations in academia?
You are not alone.
Some master’s and PhD students are lucky: They have mentors who support them every step of the way. Others are only supervised in terms of specialised content.
If you belong to the latter group, don’t worry.
You are in the right place.
Master Academia helps you to
- acquire information and skills to make the most of your time;
- feel confident and prepared to enter the (academic) labour market after graduation;
- be able to make smart career choices.
Who am I?
I am a tenured professor with a passion to support master’s and PhD students. My academic journey took me from a bachelor’s degree to a master’s degree, to a PhD, to a postdoc and finally I became a professor.
This experience taught me the ins and outs of academia.
Furthermore, having studied and worked in different European countries, I gained valuable insights into the similarities and differences between different academic systems.
I currently work full-time as a professor at a large university in Western Europe. I decided not to reveal my identity for now, to separate my own academic career from Master Academia, which is my passion project.
Academia is full of unspoken rules and expectations. Understanding the ‘rules of the game’ has a major impact on academic success. I saw firsthand how this influenced my peers’ career trajectories.
I created Master Academia to make knowledge on academia widely accessible.
On Master Academia,
- I offer a wide range of thesis/dissertation tips that can help you to organise and write your thesis or dissertation more efficiently and effectively.
- I share knowledge on academic skills that are useful to master in academia, and how to acquire them.
- I provide a variety of networking hacks, which help you to build and enlarge your (academic) networks with confidence.
- I give more general career advice, covering aspects ranging from strategic career choices, and application processes, to personal and professional development.
Work with me
Are you interested to work with me? Master Academia’s services include sponsored posts, advertising campaigns and guest posts.
I only feature or recommend products and services that I truly believe can benefit my audience. You can always contact me to explore options!
Master Academia is an official friend of The PhD Place, an online PGR (postgraduate researchers) community focused on friendship and sharing ideas. Get involved via their website and follow them on Twitter!
Master Academia writes exclusive content for The PhD Place Network
The PhD Place Network is a UK based membership-only platform which provides PGR students with access to online resources, writing groups, events, and more. Tackling isolation is the founding principle of the network.