Everyone needs some extra motivation from time to time. PhD students are no exception. Here is a list of the 20 best motivational quotes for PhD students.
1. You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anybody.
– Maya Angelo
2. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
3. Do what you feel in your heart to be right – for you’ll be criticized anyway.
– Eleanor Roosevelt
4. If you work on something a little bit every day, you end up with something that is massive.
– Kenneth Goldsmith
5. Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.
– William James
You may also like: The 20 best motivational quotes for academic success
6. Everything is hard before it is easy.
7. Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.
8. If you get tired, learn to rest, not to quit.
9. I never lose. Either I win or learn.
– Nelson Mandela
10. Life is a balance between holding on and letting go.
11. Remember, you have been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.
– Louise L Hay
12. We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.
– Joseph Campbell
13. The measure of intelligence is the ability to change.
– Albert Einstein
14. Failure after long perseverance is much grander than never to have a striving good enough to be called a failure.
– George Eliot
15. If you don’t write, nothing will change.
16. Action is the foundational key to all success.
– Pablo Picasso
17. If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way.
– Martin Luther King Jr.
18. Done is better than perfect.
– Sheryl Sandberg
19. Believe you can and you’re halfway there.
– Theodore Roosevelt
20. To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
– Ralph Waldo Emerson