Studying and working in academia can be tough. Here is a list of the 20 best motivational quotes to inspire struggling master’s students, PhD students, and academics: to work hard, persevere in the face of adversity, and develop resilience.
1. Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.
2. Success is not the absence of failure; it’s the persistence through failure.
– Aisha Tyler
– Isabel Allende
4. Your hardest times often lead to the greatest moments of your life. Keep going. Tough situations build strong people in the end.
– Roy T. Bennett
5. Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.
– Albert Schweitzer
6. Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.
7. I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.
– Louisa May Alcott
8. It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer.
– Albert Einstein
9. If you are going through hell, keep going.
– Winston Churchill
10. You need to spend time crawling alone through shadows to truly appreciate what it is to stand in the sun.
– Shaun Hick
11. Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle.
– Napoleon Hill
12. If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.
– Martin Luther King
13. We will either find a way, or make one.
– Anibal Barca
14. And one has to understand that braveness is not the absence of fear but rather the strength to keep on going forward despite the fear.
– Paulo Coelho
15. I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it.
– Maya Angelou
16. The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.
17. Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
– Helen Keller
18. Remember: Every champion was once a contender that refused to give up.
– Rocky Balboa
19. There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, there are no limits.
– Michael Phelps
20. Optimism is a strategy for making a better future. Because unless you believe that the future can be better, you are unlikely to step up and take responsibility for making it so.
– Noam Chomsky